Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Desire vs. Reality

As my next birthday approaches, I find myself thinking about how my life has not turned out at all the way I thought it would.  I always figured I would be married by twenty-four and starting my own family.  At twenty-four I was in graduate school and alone.  Nearly five years later I have a masters’ degree but neither the career nor the family I expected.  I often feel as though the best years of my life are passing me by without any of the good parts of life to experience.  My hair is going grey, and I don’t sleep well anymore.  I also realize that people experience things at different stages.  Everyone is different.  But I can’t help but thinking there is something more.  This can’t be all there is for me.

And since this is supposed to be a writing blog:  I completed an entire novel during the past month, which has already been edited and submitted to a publisher.  Fingers crossed.  And I have currently begun writing another novel, because I’m either in creative hyper-drive or simply a masochist.

No comments:

Post a Comment