Friday, February 27, 2015

Taking Chances

As I stated in my previous post, I only completed two novels last year, and each was shorter than my earlier novels.  But it was an atypical year in which I was depressed, exhausted, and finally diagnosed with a brain tumor that required surgery and post-operative chemotherapy and radiation treatments.  As I went through the treatments I began the final series of edits for Love for Sale, which was written after Chances.  Chances, you see, had to undergo some extensive revisions before it would meet my exacting standards.  After some soul-searching I opted to excise an entire character from the manuscript; her scenes and dialogue had to be removed completely, transferred to another character, or turned into brainwaves within the mind of the novel’s heroine.  After I went through that process I was ready to publish.  What took so long in the publication of both novels was the cover selection process:  I had found stock images online but had to wait until I had the resources to license them.  I am quite pleased with both images.  Chances is available now in paperback; the e-book is available for pre-order with a release date of April 1.




Chances

No comments:

Post a Comment