Monday, July 9, 2012

Elation

Upon glancing at the cover of my second novel, I was overcome with an overwhelming sense of emotion.  It's amazing to see something that I created, from my own mind, being brought to fruition.  Of course, the cover is my own creation, albeit plugged into the Create Space design app.  Still, it was my own photo, and my own small idea--literally a mustard seed that grew into something bigger than me, a story that I couldn't always understand but had to pursue to completion.  I mean, I'm sure it sounds crazy but the characters wrote themselves.  I created them but they drove the story and pushed me forward, changing my own ideas in the process.  As with every completed work, there's probably a thing or two I could change--but I won't.  I love my story as it is, and hope the day never comes when I tire of reading and re-reading it.


Currently listening to "You've Got to Talk to Me" by Lee Ann Womack

No comments:

Post a Comment