Monday, March 18, 2013

Routines

I am not currently writing a novel.

I am not currently reading a novel.

It is, admittedly, unusual.  After a constant state of doing both for the past thirteen months, I have taken a free day.  Yeah, I picked up a magazine and started thumbing through, which is a nice change of pace.  I doubt I’ll make it through the end of the week—I’ll start another novel.  I don’t really have many things better to do at this point in time.  That’s another discovery I’ve made over the past year, that I enjoyed reading.  I seldom read during graduate school, though I completed a few novels.  When your avocation is reading to complete your degree, you kind of fall out of the habit of pleasure reading.  I wish I’d kept a better calculation over the past few months of what I’ve read, because those manic months where I had four books going at once were mind-bending.  And honestly, if the library had a better selection and/or I had the money to download e-books, I’d probably complete a few more.  It’ll be interesting to see what I do next.  Unless someone bestows me with a job or something even better, the writing may come to me again.  For now, we’ll see where the reading takes me…

No comments:

Post a Comment