Monday, March 25, 2013

Yoda

"Do or do not--there is no try."

So last week was generally terrible, one I'd just as soon forget.  I am determined that this week will be better.  I am trying to accomplish small tasks each and every day.  I have an inherent need to feel good about myself.  Cleaning this, organizing that, throwing away this...life weighs us down with various physical and emotional burdens.  Resentments, objects, emotions we don't need.  Each day is a struggle to pare down, to get back to our basic selves, the uncomplicated beings we all were as children.  But as I once wrote in a novel:  "You should never be in a hurry to grow up, because when you're an adult your life will never again be uncomplicated."  I'm paraphrasing myself, of course, but I find that it works well in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment