Monday, March 12, 2012

Creativity

We all derive creativity from a variety of sources.  There is no right or wrong way to stimulate the creative process--different scenarios are right for different individuals.  A list of things that enable my creativity:
-Good music, particularly country.  The amazing songs of Miranda Lambert have been on rotation a lot lately.   Adele and Kelly Clarkson have also been on there when I need some melancholy.

-Books.  Unless a book is truly bad, it can almost always inspire me to think about something from another perspective, to turn my pre-conceived notions on their ears.

-Television shows--some more than others, of course.  Movies usually work by the same token.  A nice bit of comedy or a nice love story always puts my mind in a good place.

-Sunshine.  What's funny about this one is that I tend to be creative at nighttime, when the sun has been replaced by the moon.  Still, I can't imagine myself being creative in a place where the sun rarely shows itself; nice weather puts me in a good mood.

-Friends.  Really good friends only add to our creativity.  They help us to believe in ourselves when we get discouraged.  I am thankful for each and every one of you.

What are some things that inspire you to be more creative?

No comments:

Post a Comment