Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Overthinking

I find myself overthinking nearly every aspect of my life.  You know, simple things:  should I do laundry today or put it off till tomorrow?  Should I wear this shirt or this one?  Should I go to the mailbox now or later?  It can be crippling and also bleed over into the creative aspects of my life.  The last chapter of my book is a good example.  I keep overthinking how each detail should be and so I haven’t written as much on it as I would like.  Then I decide that writing an entire book in one month isn’t normal either so maybe it needs some time to germinate.  In the meantime I have enjoyed reading other books, working in the yard, and gathering inspiration from unconventional sources.   The dogwoods are in bloom and soon the azaleas will be, too.



Currently listening to:  “Don’t” by Billy Currington

No comments:

Post a Comment