Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day One

After more than a year of unemployment, self-pity, and a variety of other emotions, I began to realize that I wasn't fully exploiting my gifts and talents, or at least not fully exploring them.  To that end, and with encouragement from numerous friends, I began to write a novel.  Throughout the course of college I was blessed with never having to write anything longer than a final exam.  Therefore, the idea of full-length writing is still somewhat foreign to me.  I do things in a stream of consciousness, free association manner.  I brainstorm and type up various ideas before I begin to compose the actual work.  Here, I did that.  Taking my inspiration from a few different places I began to write a romance novel.  After less than a month of writing I have nearly completed the story.  Of course I will have to go through some intense editing but I hope, ideally, to have the story published before my next birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment