Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Road Blocks

On the road of life, we sometimes find our path blocked.  Some of these road blocks are functional, some are personal, and others are self-generated.  As I approach the end of my novel, I feel a bit of writer’s block.  I suppose this is a self-generated road block.  Completion in life, and coming to the end of something, is usually scary.  We find ourselves outside of our comfort zone and vulnerable to the harshness of the world.  I had similar feelings when graduating high school and completing each of my college degrees.  I no longer had the structure I had craved.  I enjoyed not homework but rather the act of being “scheduled” or having my time planned out for me. 
At the same time, I look forward to completion.  I looked forward to having those pieces of paper that said I was a graduate, that someone deemed my work special and significant.  I look forward to finishing my novel and sharing it with the world.  Or at the very least, a few committed readers who were so essential to my creative process.

Currently listening to:  “Love Letters” by Miranda Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment