Monday, April 2, 2012

The Home Stretch

For all intents and purposes, my novel is complete.  I will continue to revise and edit but the story as it stands it finished.  Completing the final two chapters was something of a struggle, as I tried to fit in as much information as was humanly possible to complete my tome.  In some ways I wondered if perhaps I should cut out the last chapter entirely, but then I felt it unfair to potential readers to deprive them of a proper ending.  It really is shocking that I was able to write an entire novel in five to six weeks.  It really seems like much longer!  Some days I was literally counting down the hours until I could fire up the inspiration and park myself at the computer.  Now I am in the process of designing a book cover, which may or may not be a good idea.  I hold no grand illusions about my drawing talents, but I always have hope the art classes I took throughout school taught me one or two things about drawing.  As good as I have always been at putting my feelings into words, I envy those who can sit down and draw well at the drop of a hat.  My ability to draw contours and depth has always been kind of sketchy; I have no clue how to shade.  I rely on color and shape to get my point across, which sounds odd as you'd think that would go hand in hand with contour and depth.  This is probably why I always enjoyed the medium of paint; it is truly freeing to mix colors and create new ones, without the constraint of lines.  As a Gemini I am inherently well-qualified to understand duality and paradoxical situations.  This leads me to wonder, of course, if we are meant to nurture and grow more than one talent, skill, or interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment