Thursday, April 5, 2012

Creative Overdrive

Do you ever feel like too much is going on at once in your head?  I find myself, especially when I should be doing other things, overcome with ideas.  I mean, I probably sound kind of spacey here because creativity is a wonderful thing--but sometimes it's a kind of burden.  If I don't write my ideas down, will they disappear?  If I don't make a note of something, am I doomed to forget it until an inopportune moment in the future?  Sometimes you want to turn off your creativity, like a spigot, but then I realize my life would be empty without it.  So for now I have to embrace it, no matter what form it takes.  For so many years, I was confined and constrained by the college way of doing things, where I had to complete assignments written in passive voice.  Plain, technical, and simple, but not much fun.  We all find inspiration in a variety of settings, which leads to so many different and wonderful creations.  When we're free from constaints, we are free from limits.

Currently listening to:  "I Want You to Need Me" by Celine Dion

No comments:

Post a Comment